KFC have announced they are launching a special 3-day degustation restaurant with ELEVEN high end courses cooked by professional chefs.
In a world-first, KFC Australia is bringing a new 11-course KFC Degustation restaurant to Sydney from Friday 1 until Sunday 3 April, offering KFC fans a fine dining experience.
The lavish 11 course menu has been created in partnership with Nelly Robinson, head chef and owner of Sydney restaurant Nel.
It's worth noting the fact the restaurant is launching on April Fool's day but we think this is one step too far to hype us up like this for a prank. (at least we hope so anyway)
Watch the video below about the partnership:
The menu is as follows:
• Supercharged Wings – Cooked over a bed of charcoal, these are not only supercharged but beautifully charred wings
• Potato and Gravy – Blink and you’ll miss it! This dish is a marvel to behold as the gravy candle (yes, that’s right!) melts, dip your potato bun into the “wax” and enjoy *chef kiss fingers
• Tongue Twister – Don’t be shy, there are no rules here! Pick up your plate and lick off the Colonel’s face to relish the flavours of Kentucky Fried Chicken, tomato, lettuce and Pepper Mayo
• Twister Sister – A fresh take on our Twister, this one comes with pearl barley risotto, sundried tomato, pumpkin and last but not least our Chicken Tenders
• Popcorn Chicken – It’s the Popcorn Chicken our fans know and love paired with celeriac soup, mushroom gnocchi and basil topped off with an edible floral garnish
• La Di Da Drumstick (aka Fried Gold) – Our iconic Original Recipe drumstick dusted with quinoa and gold ‘coz we don’t call it Fried Gold for nothing…
• Our Chocolate Mousse – Dipped in nitrogen, these mouthfuls of scrummy chocolate mousse are ‘oh-so-good’ and will literally melt in your mouth
If you're a die hard KFC fan, you can register your interest in heading along to the restaurant here and you will be put in the draw to be considered for a place at the table.
The experience is currently costing customers $75 AUD each, with 100% of the profits going towards the company's charity partners: The Black Dog Institute, ReachOut Australia and Whitelion.
Now this is some news that we LOVE to hear 😍