We all get the ick, whether we want to admit it or not!
By now, we should all be familiar with the endless number of icks possible in the dating world, but just in case you aren’t let me run it back for you.
Over the last few years, icks have taken over the dating scene. Urban Dictionary defines an ick as: “Something someone does that is an instant turn-off for you, making you instantly hate the idea of being with them romantically.”
These differ from person to person, but many are agreed upon and Edge Brekky have compiled a list of 15 of the most universal icks.
Test yourself below to see how icky you are: +1pt for every ick you are guilty of!
- You own a fedora
- You mistime the drop in songs
- You put on a baby voice in relationships
- You still don’t know the difference between ‘your’ and ‘you're'
- You've recently pushed a pull door
- When you often ask a waiter for help they don’t hear you ("excuse me")
- The last pair of shoes you bought you walked to the other end of the shop while wearing them to see how they fit
- You text “hehe”
- You often find yourself repeating the joke just a little louder assuming no one must’ve heard you the first time because no one laughed
- You literally stand there waiting for your phone to charge after it dies
- You have an Instagram account for your pet
- You refer to a sports team as "we" - "we’re playing the Blues this weekend"
- You have a coffee loyalty card that you get stamped
- If you saw an article that read "FIND OUT YOUR PERFECT STARBUCKS ORDER – ACCORDING TO YOUR STAR SIGN" You would click it
- When they jumble their words and say "bleh I can't talk today"
1-5 points - Don't stress about the small stuff. Though some may judge you on your icks, you can sit happily in knowing you're pretty normal! However, this may be a sign that you are one of those people who have an endless list of icks that turn you off, and if that is you, I feel sorry for those I'm about to mention.
6-10 points - Uh oh, you middle-of-the-pack people need to start questioning the decisions you've made, although it'll only take a few to knock off your list, there's probably a reason why you might not have been s successful with love in the past... either that or your beau is just way too picky... yeah let's go with that!
11-15 points - There's no helping you lot... I can't even begin to help you with this one. Start with re-evaluating your whole life, when did it all go wrong? Why are you the way that you are? Take your time to really work on the icks you know you have and then we can talk strategy on how to get you back in the game.
Did you score better than The Edge Breakfast hosts? Find out in the video above!