It's been an age since lockdown began and the last day you could buy KFC before the Level 4 restrictions kicked into play.
To help satisfy your cravings - we've found a genius DIY potato & gravy recipe to help tide you over for the next wee while. Give it a go fam!
Best Foods Potato & Gravy Recipe
Here's what you'll need to make it. (Serves: 6-8 as a side)
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 beef stock cube
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 cup boiling water
- 75g butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- ¼ tsp black pep
- 1.5kg Agria potatoes
- 1 cup Best Foods mayonnaise
- 50g butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel and cut potatoes into cubes. Place in a pot and cover with cold, salted water.Bring to the boil and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the potatoesare very soft andstarting to fall apart. Meanwhile, make your gravy.
2. Dissolve stock cubes and onion powder in boiling water. Melt butter in a saucepanand whisk in flour, pour in the stock and whisk until smooth. Cook for a minute ortwo until thickened. Remove from heat and cover.
3. When the potatoes are cooked, drain into a colander and cover with a clean, dry teatowel. Allow to steam dry for a few minutes before passing the potato through apotato ricer or fine masher. Stir through Best Foodsmayonnaise and butter andseason to taste.
4. Pour over gravy and serve immediately