Bachelor contestant has been charged with fraud for theft of $12k

scandal 02/07/2021

A former contestant on The Bachelor NZ, Louise ‘Lou’ Kuresa has been sentenced for fraud charges after stealing thousands of dollars from her employer and spending it on clothes, flights, social gatherings and photo shoots.

The Fan Favourite from the most recent series of The Bachelor NZ has admitted to seven dishonesty charges, amounting to more than $12,000, for offences committed between July 2019 and December 2020. She appeared for sentence in the Invercargill District Court on Wednesday.

This comes as a shock to anyone who watched this season of the show, where Moses Mackay of Sol3 Mio took the coveted position as The Bachelor – Lou seemed like such a sweetheart!

She had earlier pleaded guilty to four charges of theft by person in a special relationship against social group Invercargill Young Professionals, two charges of altering a document with intent to defraud and a representative theft by person in a special relationship charged against her former employer Transport World.

The fraud was apparently uncovered whilst Kuresa was away filming the show, said Jocelyn O’Donnell – the company director for Transport World.

“Underneath your charming façade there is a different side to you, Lou,” O-Donnell said, adding that Kuresa had shown a “steadfast determination” to deny her offending.

Kuresa has been sentenced to Kuresa to six months community detention, with a 7pm to 6am curfew, 12 months intensive supervision, 200 hours’ community work and ordered reparation of $12,611.59 to be paid at $50 per week.