Hungover and can't choose between getting KFC or a hearty pub meal? Choose no longer.
Fast-food giant KFC has revealed you can easily whip up a classic chicken parmigiana using its famous chicken, along with just five other ingredients.
The parmy has classic Zinger fillets as its base, which are covered with passata, bacon, cheese, herbs and hot sauce. It's said to be a guaranteed crowd-pleaser that can be whipped up in minutes - unless your friends are vegetarian, of course.
A video of the recipe was posted on KFC Australia's Instagram page where its already racked up over 15,000 views. A full step-by-step guide was also shared with 7 News.
How to make a Zinger Parmy:
- 4 x KFC Zinger fillets
- 4 tbsp passata
- 4 pieces bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- KFC supercharged sauce, or just hot sauce of choice (amount depending on how much heat you can handle)
- Fresh herbs
- Pre-heat oven to grill (high)
- Cook the bacon until it’s nice and crispy
- Place 4 x Zinger fillets on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Spread 1 x tablespoon of passata over each Zinger
- Place 1 x piece of cooked bacon on each Zinger
- Cover with grated cheese
- Grill for approx 4 mins or until gloriously golden and bubbly
- Drizzle Supercharged sauce over each Zinger and sprinkle fresh herbs on top
- Drool and enjoy!