Arnott’s just released a recipe for Tim Tam brownies.
Arnott’s Master Baker Vanessa Horton shared her incredible recipe, which is made up of ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
It’s pretty easy to make, so you’ve got no excuse not to try it!
Salted Almond Tim Tam Brownies
By Vanessa Horton
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
- Melted butter, to grease
- 120g dark chocolate, chopped
- 120g butter
- 1 ½ cups (400g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) plain flour
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1x (200g) packet of Arnott’s original Tim Tam, chopped
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- ½ tsp sea-salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 180ᵒC/160°C fan forced. grease a 20 x 20cm square cake tin and line it with baking paper.
- Put chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, stir until melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture; add eggs, 1 at a time, stirring well. Add in vanilla and stir.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a separate bowl. Combine with chocolate mixture.
- Stir until just combined. Stir through Tim Tams.
- Pour batter into prepared tin. Spreading evenly, sprinkle with almonds and sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until firm. Set aside to cool completely. Cut into pieces and serve.