Woman's head nearly 'doubles in size' after allergic reaction to this hair dye

scandal 29/11/2018

A woman is speaking out to warn others about dying your hair at home.

19 year old Estelle, a student in Paris, shared photos of her extreme allergic reaction to a home hair dye kit contained a chemical called paraphenylenediamine also known as PPD.

The reaction caused her head to almost double in size and left her barely able to breath.

Speaking to Le Parisien, Estelle said she bought the dye from a local supermarket. She admitted that she didn't wait 48 hours for the patch test and instead waited just half an hour before putting the dye all over her head.

She went on to say she immediately knew something was wrong as 'her scalp began to tingle and feel irritated'.

The next morning, Estelle woke up to found her head had swollen to 63cm...

Thanfully though Estelle hasn't been left with any lasting damage but still hopes her story will warn others saying:

I almost died, I don't want something similar to happen to other people.