Girl's eyelash extensions blinded her for hours after salon used nail glue

trending 02/11/2018

Just a friendly warning ladies - be careful where you get your beauty needs tended to!

A UK student, Megan Rixon, posted a video of her swollen and teary eyes on Twitter after having a reaction to the glue her salon used on her eyelash extensions.

Megan said her eyes were still recovering and were very sensitive and sore more than a week after the incident.

“Girls be very very careful where you get your eyelashes done!! I got my individuals done today somewhere new and it turns out they used nail glue on my lashes. I genuinely lost my sight for 2 hours. Thankfully the swelling has gone down, but their still very sore. Be careful," the 20-year-old Tweeted. 

Her Tweet went viral, with other users sharing their own horror stories.

“Once I got mine done and the glue burned my eyes and the side of my skin. The lashes didn’t even last a week!!!! It’s so scary to have something happen with your eyes!” one wrote.

Megan said she felt the pain as soon as the technician started applying the lashes but “she kept telling me to hold them open. After she was done I sat up on the bed and couldn’t open them. I said ‘This isn’t normal,’ but she kept saying it was,”

“My first bit of advice would be, make sure you always carry out a glue test. And second of all, ask the beautician what glue they use, ask to see it.”

Good advice girl, make sure you're checking what's being put on your eyes or any other part of your body for that matter!