The colourful little shower pouf that you have hanging next to your shampoo is something that dermatologists say you should chuck out. Like, now!
J. Matthew Knight, from the Knight Dermatology Institute, says they are breeding grounds for bacteria and should never be used.
He explained that the dead skin cells that are released when you use your pouf, get caught into the netting of the product and can cause infections if used on freshly shaven skin.
"You put them in this environment in the shower that’s warm and moist and gross, and it’s a set up for bacteria, yeast, and mould to grow in the puff."
Yeeeaaahhh these things need to go!