These are the best dates to take annual leave in 2017trending Share
The holidays neeeeever quite seem long enough.
But dw babes, we've got the key to make your annual leave allowance stretch even further for 2017.
Everyone always says they're going to plan their annual leave days around the already existing public holidays, but tbh... hardly any of us actually do it.
To get you started, here's a list of all the New Zealand public holiday and anniversary day dates for 2017:
Public holidays 2017
- Sunday 1 January or Tuesday 3 January — New Year's Day
- Monday 2 January — Day after New Year's Day
- Monday 6 February — Waitangi Day
- Friday 14 April — Good Friday
- Monday 17 April — Easter Monday
- Tuesday 25 April — ANZAC Day
- Monday 5 June — Queen's Birthday
- Monday 23 October — Labour Day
- Monday 25 December — Christmas Day
- Tuesday 26 December — Boxing Day
Anniversary days 2017
- Monday 30 January — Auckland anniversary day
- Monday 25 September — Canterbury (South) anniversary day
- Friday 17 November — Canterbury anniversary day
- Monday 27 November — Chatham Islands anniversary day
- Friday 20 October — Hawke's Bay anniversary day
- Monday 30 October — Marlborough anniversary day
- Monday 30 January — Nelson anniversary day
- Monday 30 January — Northland anniversary day
- Monday 20 March — Otago anniversary day
- Tuesday 18 April — Southland anniversary day
- Monday 13 March — Taranaki anniversary day
- Monday 23 January — Wellington anniversary day
- Monday 4 December — Westland anniversary day
So... straight away you should be able to see that Easter is the absolute BEST time to take leave.
You will be able to get 17 days of straight holiday days, while only booking 7 annual leave days. WINNING.
Basically just take the days inbetween Good Friday which is on April 14th, Easter Monday on the April 17th and ANZAC Day which is on Tuesday 25th.
However... Easter isn't the only time to take advantage of your.
If you're in Auckland, the end of Jan/start of Feb could be a goer as we've got Auckland Anniversary Day on Monday 30th January and Waitangi Day on Monday February 6th.
Aaaaaaaaand then of course Christmas and New Years is another prime time for annual leave.