Wednesday 09 January 4:18 p.m.
AMY WINEHOUSE died after drinking too much alcohol, a second inquest has confirmed.
The 27-year-old singer was found dead at her home in London in July, 2011 and a coroner subsequently ruled she succumbed to alcohol poisoning.
A repeat hearing was ordered last year after it emerged assistant deputy coroner Suzanne Greenaway, who presided over the original report, was not qualified to fulfil the role. She later resigned along with her husband, Inner North London Dr. Andrew Scott Reid, who gave her the job.
On Tuesday, coroner Shirley Radcliffe recorded a verdict of death by misadventure, adding that Winehouse "voluntarily consumed alcohol - a deliberate act that took an unexpected turn and led to her death."
Winehouse's relatives were not present to hear the verdict. Her father Mitch previously lambasted officials behind the initial investigation and vowed not to attend the second hearing.